Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Why write a blog?

Why write a blog?

Your content is so awesome it generates ad revenue

(Nope- I currently have no ad services turned on)

To sell your own adjacent product

(Nope- after 11 years of intermittent posts I just put a link to my small collection of Kindle publications on this blog)

Vanity

(Nope- seriously, who the fuck reads this?)


So what's the deal?

On reflection this is more of a journal than anything else; in which case, I suppose I should have used LiveJournal.  A variety of therapists over the years have recommended writing in a journal, which has never really worked out for me.  This kind of writing, though, seems to be better.  Just knocking out the random narratives that run through my head, with bizarre pictures attached, may be just what the doctor ordered.

If the doctor was Leonard McCoy, Frontier Doctor.



No comments:

Post a Comment