Friday, May 13, 2022

Quickshots: Eminence Hill

Upon watching Eminence Hill I determined that I need a new metric for a



movie- did the movie put me to sleep? 

Let’s take the same Eminence Hill as an example.  It started off with a tense, dramatic moment setting up what promises to be a bloody tale of vengeance.  Then it kind of wandered off until some spicy campfire scenes grabbed my attention, followed by an absurd scene of a pair of Apaches stealing horses from our main characters by (I kid you not) walking up to them while they slept five feet from their mounts, shushing a captive, then riding away.  The great horse thieves of the plains are surely rolling over in their graves.  At some point conservatively dressed but thoroughly dangerous looking lawman walked into a saloon and ordered some tea after an awkward encounter with…

…and then I woke up.  Mrs. Slap had just come home, we put on some chili, and I don’t think I’ll ever get back to this one. 

The cast, sets, and wardrobe were by turns great or ridiculous.  If I were a more attentive viewer I would have followed the plot better, but consider this- no one has to make you follow the plot to Empire Strike Back.  You are in from the first shot, and I certainly wasn’t on this one.






No comments:

Post a Comment