Monday, May 23, 2011

Zeke Deadwood- Zombie Lawman

May 21, the long prophesied Judgment Day, seems to have come and gone with no calamity and certainly no zombies wandering my neighborhood.  I am a little disappointed, because having just read Zeke Deadwood- Zombie Lawman, I was rather looking forward to some zombie justice coming to my town. 

I can’t tell if this is supposed to be the start of a new series, or just a one off book.  Either way, it is great fun.  Zeke is a slow, foul smelling, rotting zombie, who also happens to be a wandering lawman, covering the West on his near dead horse.  When desperadoes move into town, Zeke comes to the rescue!

That’s about all there is to it, really.  This is a single comic, so there is not much you can put into 20 something pages.  The comic is black and white, and although the shading work is nice I don’t think it is even inked.  Looking back on this slim volume I keep wondering if it was in any way worth the $3.99 I paid for it.  I made me smile more than any of the other overpriced comics I bought this week, so it definitely was. 

Hopefully this isn’t Zeke’s last adventure.  He may be smelly, rotting, slow on the draw, and undead, but he is a heck of a lawman.

You can read a ten page preview here.


3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! A second issue should be out in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news! Hopefully one of my local shops will carry it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the second issue is great! See my new review.

    ReplyDelete